- Are your breasts large or heavy, causing you to have divots in your shoulders from your bra straps digging in?
- Do you have back and neck pain, or rashes under your breasts as soon as the weather gets warm?
One solution to these problems may be Breast Reduction.
Breast reduction is a common Plastic Surgery procedure that we often perform as Day Surgery.
The surgery takes between 2 and 3 hours and is performed under a general anaesthetic. The excess breast tissue that is removed is sent to a pathologist for analysis. You will need someone to drive you home and stay with you for the first night. This surgery is not considered as especially painful, and most ladies are taking just Paracetamol after 2-3 days. We will need to see you in the rooms for bandage removal 2-3 days after your surgery, and for suture trimming after 1 week.
Breast reduction is considered a medical procedure, not a cosmetic one, and Medicare and your health fund will contribute to some of the expense.
Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
- Have your breasts changed since having children?
- Do they no longer sit where they used to?
- Are you happy with the volume, but not with the position of your breasts?
If this is the case, then maybe a Mastopexy could be a solution.
Mastopexy restores a firmer, shapelier breast, by lifting the breast tissue back to the upper pole.
Mastopexy does not remove breast tissue, only excess skin, which results in a tightening of the breast.
Mastopexy is an operation performed under General Anaesthetic, usually as a day procedure. The surgery takes around 2 hours, and you will need someone to drive you home and stay with you for the first night. This surgery is not considered especially painful, with most patients needing only Paracetamol by day 2. We will need to see you in the rooms on day 2 or 3 for bandage removal, and on day 7 for suture trimming.