- Did pregnancy leave your abdomen with loose, stretch-marked skin?
- Do you have a gap in your abdominal muscles since pregnancy?
- Does this contribute to back pain and discomfort?
- Have you finished having children and want to restore your abdomen?
Abdominoplasty is the removal of excess skin in the lower abdomen,and often, the repair of the rectus muscle.
The belly button is cut out, and relocated to a higher spot on your abdomen. Abdominoplasty takes 2-3 hours, and is always performed under general anaesthetic. It most often requires a 2-3 night stay in hospital.
It can be quite a painful operation and the scarring is quite extensive, usually at least from hip bone to hip bone, running low on your abdomen, across your pubic line.
We would need to see you in the clinic at one week post op for dressing change, and possible drain removal and possible suture removal. You would want to have around 4 weeks off work.
- Are you at your desired weight, but there is that one spot where you can’t budge that little fat deposit, despite how hard you work that area in the gym?
Liposuction is removal of fat deposits via a cannula.
It is most successful when the deposits are small, and in a particular spot eg inner thigh, outer thigh, inner knee. The surgery takes 1 to 2 hours, and is performed under a general anaesthetic as a day procedure.
A postoperative garment is put on in theatre, and you need to keep this on 23 hours a day.
You would need someone to take you home and stay the first night with you. We would need to see you in the rooms at 7 days to check on your progress.
Bruising is common with this procedure. The scars are small, and not sutured. They are barely noticeable after several weeks.